Glass Under My Skin

Friday, April 07, 2006

Comics I got this week 4/7/06

Another week and another batch of comics. Jonah Hex #6, Planetary #25, Ex Machina #19, and The Winter Men #4 are this week's haul. The first three are regulars and The Winter Men is a mini from Wildstorm by Bret Lewis and John Paul Leon. It is a story about law enforcement starring a Russian cop and it is filled with mobsters, feds, ex KGB guys and every other cold war left over. I've been enjoying it. This is the first issue in a while so let's see if it gets finished. I hope so.
I also like last week's "Red Prophet" comic. It takes place in North America around the early 1800s (I think) but is an alternate history where the European settlers don't dominate as much as our world. They are a strong presence and I don't know what the world is all about yet but I added it to my pull list. Good show.

2 Comments:

  • Ulitmate X-Men 69
    -Even though Kirkman has been writing for a while, his work on in is complete crappy compared to his work on Invincible and The Walking Dead.
    Marvel Team-Up 19
    -Also written by Kirkman. Not bad but not his best work either.
    Marvel Zombies 5
    -Kirkman again. Meh.
    JLU 20
    -A fun read. Too bad they're not making the cartoon anymore.
    JSA 84
    Infinite Crisis 6
    -Oh no! Superboy's dead! Again! But don't worry, he'll be back when the lawyers demand it.
    Detective Comics 818
    New Excalibur 6
    Hard Time 5
    -This book was originally hyped as "Superman meet Oz". But it's really just a prison drama with a few supernatural elements thrown in. Not bad though
    Annihilation Silver Surfer 1
    -hopefully this won't be another mess like Seven Soldiers, but I've got my hopes up since I'm old Giffen LSH fan.
    Batman and the Monster Men 6
    -I wish Matt Wagner would get back to writing a new Mage series
    Planetary 25
    -it may feature an evil FF, but thankfully no gay Superman or Batman
    Ex Machina 19
    Y The Last Man 44
    -unlike Kirkman, I find Vaughn's writng to be good and strong no matter what he's writing. Probably since he doesn't write as many books and is able to focus better.
    Outsiders 35
    Teen Titans 34

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At 8:52 PM  

  • Planetary #25
    The origin of the Four is revealed. They go to Apokolips and get super powers for no apparent reason. We waited 7 years for this? Still one of the best comics out there, but wtf?

    Jonah Hex
    Love this book. I don't even mind the fact that the artist is light-boxing Clint Eastwood. At least he's good at it.

    Marvel Zombies #5
    The dumb get dumberer. In this issue, the Marvel Zombies eat Galactus (after eating the Silver Surfer last issue) and become cosmically powered zombies! Woo Hoo! The now wander the cosmos eating whole planets. At least it didn't have a happy ending.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At 9:17 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home