Glass Under My Skin

Friday, March 10, 2006

Comics I Bought This Week 3/10/06

I'm just back from the comic shop again this week. Another slow week for me as I got no comic books at all. But my shop was having a 40% off sale on their trade paperbacks so I picked up a couple of $15 trades for $9.

The first is "The Gray Area: All Of This Can Be Yours" By Glen Brunswick and John Romita Jr. and Klaus Janson. I've never heard of the writer but the art team is good and I remember looking at the issues on the stands and being interested but the cover price was too high. I'll let you know if it is any good.

The second is "Hawaiian Dick" by B. Clay Moore and Steven Griffin. I picked the first issue of this up when it came out and never a second. I remember kinda liking it but the name seemed so stupid and smug to me that it put me off. I'm giving it a second try because I do like the artwork.

That is the report from the comic shop.

5 Comments:

  • Brutal week for me too. I only got the collected "House Of Mystery" Essential Trade. I recommend it for any fan of great art: Wrightson, Adams, Kirby, Kane, etc... There's almost no weak artists in all the 500+ pages. Hope they put out a second volume. It rocks.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At 9:59 AM  

  • I got myself:

    X-Men 198 3
    Daredevil 82
    Fables 47
    Invicible 29
    Captain Atom Armageddon 6
    Batman and The Monster Men 5
    -not bad but we have yet another woman who is the great love of Bruce Wayne's life who no one's ever heard of until this book...that gotta be at least twenty for ol' Bats now
    Teen Titan 33
    Son of M 4
    Mister Miracle 4
    Frankenstein 3
    -after Seven Soldiers ends I'm swearing off Grant Morrison for good
    The Pulse 14
    -final issue...too bad, I liked this book
    Top Ten trade paperback Vol. 2
    Ulitimate Spidey 91
    Ulitimate Little Eddie vs. Ultimate Mary Jane #13

    -Rob

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At 2:16 PM  

  • For a grizzed bad ass loner Batman sure has had a lot of soulmates.
    I think Ultimate Mary Jane has an edge in that fight.

    By Blogger Jared, At 5:24 PM  

  • "...we have yet another woman who is the great love of Bruce Wayne's life who no one's ever heard of until this book...that gotta be at least twenty for ol' Bats now"

    Hey. He's Bruce Wayne in real life. The guy probably gets so much ass, it would require a whole seperate line of books. Think about it:

    Batman: Bruce Wayne's Tales of Poon
    Batman: Bruce Wayne's Paternity Suits
    Batman: Bruce Wayne's Hot Models Who Blew Him for a ride in his Lambourgini
    Batman: Bruce Wayne and the Heiress Orgies
    Batman: STD's are Worth It if you get it from an A-List Movie Star!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At 10:16 AM  

  • That's just it, Bruce doesn't get a lot of ass. He's no Tony Stark. Bruce just has "she was the love of my life" chicks popping up all the time. No "I think I did her in the back of my limo but I can't remember her name" ones. That is what make is so weird.

    By Blogger Jared, At 3:20 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home