Glass Under My Skin

Thursday, August 23, 2007

Comics I Bought This Week: August 23, 2007

I'm back from the comic shop again this week and I got 1 new comic plus a hard cover collection:

  • Walking Dead 40

  • The Immortal Iron Fist: The Last Iron Fist Story (HC)

  • I haven't read any Iron Fist in years but I heard this was good. It's written by Ed Brubaker and I like some of his stuff so I'll give this a chance. I'll let you know how it is. And now for the one GN I read this week.

  • Notes for a War Story by Gipi

  • One of the graphic novels that I got for my birthday. This book was originally published in Italy, the home country of the author/artist. It takes place on the fringes of an unnamed war and introduces us to three young male characters and shows us how the war affects them.

    I didn't like the small size the book is printed at. I think if the art was bigger it would have read better. It's printed at around the Manga 6x9 inch size that I don't much care for. Things seemed small and cramped at times and the lettering was tiny. Format counts.

    It's well done but there is really nothing new throughout most of the book. All stories that show how war affects people are quite similar. War affects people negatively. But near the end of the tale there are some interesting twists and it redeemed the rest of the book for me. Overall it was okay but didn't blow me away. I'd say it was worth a read.

    0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



    << Home