Glass Under My Skin

Thursday, August 02, 2007

Comics I Bought This Week: August 2, 2007

I'm back from the comic shop again this week and I got two new comics:

  • Berlin 13

  • Supernatural Origins 4

  • I also was back on my hardcover kick and picked up:

  • The Annotated Northwest Passage

  • That's a collection of the series of the same name published by Oni Press. I've never even heard of it but it's a comic about history. I love history and I love comics so this one is right up my alley. I had to get it.

    "Berlin", by Jason Lutes, is another comic that is about history. It takes place in the early 1930's in, of all places, Berlin Germany. It's about a varied group of people who live there. It's further about their day to day lives in one of the world's most cosmopolitan cities as Germany changes around them. You only get an issue a year but it is still a favorite of mine. You can find a very nice trade of the first eight issues or so. Well worth tracking down.

    I haven't been able to read and review and comics this week so you'll have to wait another week for more of my blinding insights.

    0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



    << Home